- From the Fixe climbing website: Fixe was founded in 1983 in a place surrounded by mountains and premier climbing zones like Montserrat, Terradets and Siurana. It quickly became a leading brand among the climbing community, and its products are currently known worldwide. After nearly 30 years, in 2011, Fixe joined forces with Faders, giving rise to the Tech Rock group. Some months later, it joined Alien Cams and later, in 2012, the prestigious Roca rope brand. Fixe re-established itself as the industry leader in Spain and started a new competition line in the international market. Based in Sant Quirze de Besora, a few kilometres from Barcelona, in 2014 Fixe was completely restructured, with a new management team at the helm. Since then, the company’s growth has been constant, and its prestige has steadily increased. In 2018, Fixe changed the Tech Rock name and returned to its roots, recovering its original name and adopting a more global orientation: Fixe Climbing.
- From the Fixe Hardware website: Fixe Hardware was established in 1992 to deliver anchoring products designed specifically for rock climbing. Our products are manufactured in Spain using certified materials and passing the CE / UIAA certification process for quality and safety. Our product designs are based on the needs of the indoor and outdoor climbing community, construction and industrial markets, rigging and rope access professionals. Fixe Hardware is a company run by rock climbers. The initial concept for the company took place while climbing the Lotus Flower Tower in Canada’s Cirque of the Unclimables in 1992. Over dinner with some neighboring Spanish climbers in the Cirques Fairy Meadows I introduced the idea of introducing this high quality product to the US market. A few months later my new Spanish partner and I shook hands at my father’s dining room table in Huntington Beach California and Fixe Hardware was in business. The first orders were shipped to customers from my father’s garage. "Kevin Daniels"
Many of the Fixe pitons showing were donated to the museum in the 1990s by Kevin Daniels.
- Fixe products began in 1983 - Spain - Fixe products now distributed in USA 1992/1993 (Fixe Hardware) - Fixe began painting the anchors and hooks in 1993 (Mimetik - hot painted with epoxy) - "CE" added to products as new European standard, July 1996 - The Fixe 2008/2009 Climbing catalog shows no pitons. - The Fixe 2016/2017 Climbing catalog shows pitons made by Faders.
Fixe 1990s catalog
Fixe Piton #048
- available in 2 sizes: 35mm, 55mm
Fixe Small and Thin Aid Pitons
- 4 sizes available
Fixe Piton "P"
- available in 3 sizes: 50mm, 65mm, 85mm
- available in 3 sizes: 50mm, 65mm, 90mm
Fixe Universal with Ring
- available in 3 sizes: 50mm, 65mm, 90mm - pitons have no manufacturer marks except for applied manufacturer sticker
Fixe Piton "U"
- available in 3 sizes: 65mm, 85mm, 105mm
Fixe Angle piton
- pitons have no manufacturer marks - Pitons not shown in the Fixe catalogs
Fixe Angle piton prototypes
- from: Kevin Daniels
Fixe Channel piton prototype
- piton has no manufacturer marks - from: Kevin Daniels
Fixe Ice hook / piton, c.1990s
Fixe - Stickers
Kevin Daniels on "Centurian, Joshua Tree, California. Climbing magazine # ....., page 103 Photo by: Greg Epperson
Kevin Daniels and Chris Righter on "The Grendel. Mt. Probocis. Rock & Ice magazine #79, page 119 Photo by: Greg Epperson
Kevin Daniels on "Can I Have My Money Back? 5.11, Carion Tajo, Mexico Climbing Magazine # ......, page 108 Photo by: Greg Epperson
Kevin Daniels on "Freaky Deaky 5.11, Chimney Rock Spire, The Needles, California Page in Black Diamond catalog .............. Photo by: Greg Epperson