2012 Thrash & Dangle Fest
April 21, 2012
Presented by the Phoenix Rock Gym
The comp was limited to the first 100 people, where we actually had 106 competitors total.
Also 104 Sponsors total. WOW!!!!!
$45.00 to enter
Thrashers: (Elite) cash prizes
Male and female, 1st $200, 2nd $100, 3rd $50
Danglers (Age) mfg prizes
Age breakdown: male and female, 0-10, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50+
3 hour competition: 6pm - 9pm Saturday
Award ceremony: 9pm - 10pm
Top 7 boulder problems for score
Competitors receive competitor packets filled with tons of coupons, stickers and mfg schwag when they first register for the comp on comp day.
T-Shirts were made but just for the comp staff.
- Balance Beam ( Silas Sprout 5.88 seconds )
- Blindfold ( Eric Ebele 13.78 seconds )
- Rope Climb ( Eric Ebele 10.09 seconds )
- Two Person ( Patrick Maclane/Sierra Blair Coyle 11.96 seconds )
- Blacksmith Route (Patrick Maclane 6.15 seconds )
- Four Peaks Obstacle Course (Aiden Marin 22.64 seconds)
All competitors gain raffle tickets for attempting side events. Fastest time for each side event received a prize and sometimes a trophy.
Side Event raffles only included the competitors that entered that individual side event.
First to sign up: ( Michael Farrar )
Oldest - Golden Piton ( Larry Reinmuth, age 59 )
Youngest - ( Ella Fisher, age 5 )
Lowest score - ( Samantha Lampner )
Karabin Climbing Museum items guess -
Actual 632 Tnuts- (Garth Price guessed 628 items )
Comp Director and Artwork - Marty Karabin
Comp Director and Master of Ceremonies - Robert Olson
Prizes - Robert Olson
- Marty Karabin
- Justin Wagner
- Erin Orwig
Music energy - Just-Ian Entertainment
- Justin Wagner (lead course setter)
- Joe Czerwinski (Lead course setter )
- Marty Karabin (side events)
- Jeremy Cox
- Harison Frawley
- Robert Olson
105 boulder problems set
Sponsor booths at the Fest:
- Team Rock Phenoms
- Massage by Amber
- Emma’s Custom Chalkbags
- Vitamin Water
Singing the National Anthem - Simona Olson
Ribbon Girl - Katherine Martin
Massage tables - Amber Massage (Amber Puzzi)
Catered food - Hungry Howies Pizza
T-Shirts and ribbons made by MK Productions
Media flyers made by MK Productions
Score card and graphs made by Justin Wagner
Wood Awards made by Paul Diefenderfer given to every First Place winner.
Raffle boulder problem sponsors:
- Zen Lizard Systems ( 5.9 )
- Three Ball Climbing ( V0+ )
- So ill Holds ( V2 )
- Planetary Climbing ( V3 )
- Red Bull ( 5.6 ) TR
- Evolv Shoes ( 5.10- ) TR
Only the climbers that complete the sponsored boulder problems get into that individual raffle.
Cash Pad Raffle - 1/2 monies and crash pad goes to the raffle ticket winner, 1/2 monies goes to the Access Fund. This raffle is allowed for everybody who attended the comp, not just the competitors.
$ ………. received total - divided by 2
Shout out for as many crash pads as we can get from people.
Ribbon Girl hands out ribbons to the winners at the award ceremony
Milk crates podium used for three step award ceremony.
Best overall score:
Male - Minko Nikolov, age 24
Female - Sierra Blair Coyle, age 18
For the award ceremony tons of hats, chalk bags, stickers, shirts etc were thrown out to the competitors.
Tori Robinette playing on the Four Peaks Obstacle Course. 2012 T&D Fest.
2012 T&D Scorecard made by Justin Wagner
T&D 2012 COMP NOTES:
The 2012 T&D comp was totally awesome!!!
- We added new Side Events: The Four Peaks Obstacle Course!!! The obstacle course was built in and took up the entire Yellow Exit canyon in the gym. Competitors were challenged with rope swings, a balance beam, zig zagging in and out and over and under 12 Four Peaks beer kegs, some easy climbing, and the ropes spider web crawl to the big finish hold on the floor. All of this challenge and still the fastest time came to a impressive 22.64 seconds. So much fun!!! Props to Malcolm Person for directing the competitors through this event during the comp!