For this mandala I was seeking a simple open design where the surrounding and center details were super detailed. All of the measurements for this design had to be absolutely precise to achieve uniformity throughout the design. The objective is to not let the design slow the performance of the drawing perfection, as well as being focused to not make any mistakes with the drawing templates accidentally slipping, or mistakes as the pen could accidentally bleed across the lines as they were being filled in. Named "Carnivas." Completed September 1984. 15 1/2" x 15 1/2" black ink on white poster board. 300 hours.
This mandala named "Queen Ann" turned out absolutely beautiful! I used a plastic doily as a template to create the design. This design idea led to a larger 700 hour masterpiece mandala. Completed in 1986. 15 1/2" x 15 1/2" black ink on white poster board. 200 hours.
I was really excited to create a mandala that had a clock design in the center of it. I used a plastic doily as a template for part of the drawing, and then many other templates to create the final look. The majority of the hours for this piece went into filling in the black sections leaving only a 1/32 white line exposing the details. All of this was hand drawn. In the very last hour to the designs completion, I accidentally dropped the ink pen on the clock face. I used white out to hide the line which over the last 35 years the white out remained white as the poster board yellowed. Named "Tyme." Completed January 1984. 15 1/2" x 15 1/2" black ink on white poster board. 200 hours.